Stress and working with trauma
About this Event
This NEW two-part interactive online course focuses on self-care and practical applications for staff who work in this sector. This training session is aimed at professionals who work with women in the sex industry/engaged in survival sex/facing sexual exploitation but is also relevant for any professionals in the charity sector who want to explore their role and increase their sustainability. You do not have to have completed any other training with us to do this training.
By the end of these two session learners will have:
1) Explored stress and stressors within the context in which we work
2) Explored trauma and the impact on the worker
3) Understood the 5 pillars of ‘Trauma Informed’ practice
4) Dug deeper into our own boundaries and explored what is in our ‘circle of control’
5) Explored the impact on our bodies (e.g. sleep, breath)
6) Exploring ‘hacks’ that you can do in 1 or 2 minutes by yourself or with women.
7) Begun to identify what support/changes might be needed
8) Identified strategies to build resilience and the next step
9) Learned from and interacted with a small group of fellow learners
DATES: Thurs 25th November & 2nd December 2021
Both sessions are 10am – 1pm (3 hours with breaks via zoom) Zoom opens 9:45am
COST: £119 per person. This cost covers both sessions.
SPACE: There are 12 spaces (2 max from each organisation) in order to enable maximum participation in this interactive session.
Trainer: This course is delivered by Josephine Knowles, the Co – Director of Beyond the Streets, with 25 years of experience of learning from and working directly with women, as well as consultancy with other services.
All our training aims to making the sector stronger and enable learning about a trauma-informed and women-centered approach. We ask that all who attend respect this intention as this event is not provided as an opportunity to debate the various political views of the sex industry.
Audience – any staff/professionals in the charity sector