1) How will you store my information if I give you any?
So that we can find the best support for you once a phone call has finished, we will need to record information that you give us. This is kept either:
a) in a locked filing cabinet which only the Beyond the Streets team can access, or
b) in a password protected file if it’s on a computer.
Your emails can also be seen by the Beyond the Streets team only.
You can write and ask to see these records if you want to.
No information about you or your family can be seen by anyone outside of Beyond the Streets unless you allow us to show it (see * below).
We will keep anonymous info about callers for our statistics but will not give it away to other organizations or marketing databases.
2) Will you keep everything I tell you confidential?
Everything you tell us will be kept confidential within our team.
Very occasionally someone outside of the Beyond the Streets team may need to listen in to a call if we are doing some training. Before they do so they will have to sign a confidentiality statement and you would be asked first if that’s ok with you.
3) Who will see information about me if I give you any?
Information about you will be kept within the Beyond the Streets team.
*There are a few times where we would have to tell someone what we know, like the Police or Social Services.
This would only be if:
a) you tell something that shows that a child under 18 or a vulnerable adult is being or could be seriously harmed;
b) you tell us that you are seriously planning to harm yourself (suicide);
c) you tell us details about a terrorist threat
Before breaking confidentiality in these situations we would:
1) ask you if you would consider telling anyone else yourself;
2) ask your permission for us to speak about it with the relevant authorities, (if you did not give your permission we would consider very carefully before breaking confidentiality without your consent);
3) speak with our manager at Beyond the Streets before breaking confidentiality outside of our team.
If you wish to see the long version of any of our policies you can ask us for them by email and we will let you have them.
If you would like to send us any feedback then you can email email@example.com